What do I need to know when buying a house with a pool?
Purchasing a home is one of the biggest decisions of your life. This will be where you raise your children. This is where you will call home.
Now throw in a pool. Imagine all the pool parties, bar b ques, family gatherings and good times. But what do you need to know.
First and foremost, teach your kids how to swim and make sure you install adequate barriers between your home and pool. You can find some great safety resources at www.poolsafely.gov
Next, I suggest having your pool inspected by a qualified pool inspector that has expertise in the industry.
Find answers to these questions:
- Does all my pool equipment
- Do I have the right equipment?
- When should I drain my pool?
- Has the pool been properly maintained?
- Has any remodeling or equipment upgrade been done improperly?
- Do any warranties transfer to the new owner?
- Who can you call to service your pool or pool equipment?
- Is the electrical up to code and safe?
- Is the gas line up to code and safe?
Getting the answers to these questions can advert costly repairs in the future and help you decide if that dream house is where you will call home.